Codes of Chivalry
From Chivalry by Leon Gautier (1832-1897)
I: Thou shalt believe all that the Church teaches, and shalt observe all its directions.
II: Thou shalt defend the Church.
III: Thou shalt respect all weaknesses, and shalt constitute thyself the defender of them.
IV: Thou shalt love the country in which thou wast born.
V: Thou shalt not recoil before thine enemy.
VI: Thou shalt make war against the Infidel without cessation, and without mercy.
VII: Thou shalt perform scrupulously thy feudal duties, if they be not contrary to the laws of God.
VIII: Thou shalt never lie, and shall remain faithful to thy pledged word.
IX: Thou shalt be generous, and give largess to everyone.
X: Thou shalt be everywhere and always the champion of the Right and the Good against Injustice
To fear God and maintain His Church
To serve the liege lord in valor and faith
To protect the weak and defenseless
To give succor to widows and orphans
To refrain from the wanton giving of offence
To live by honour and for glory
To despise pecuniary reward
To fight for the welfare of all
To obey those placed in authority
To guard the honour of fellow knights
To eschew unfairness, meanness and deceit
To keep faith
At all times to speak the truth
To persevere to the end in any enterprise begun
To respect the honour of women
Never to refuse a challenge from an equal
Never to turn the back upon a foe.
5. Good Faith
* Live to serve King and Country.
* Live to defend Crown and Country and all it holds dear.
* Live one's life so that it is worthy of respect and honor.
* Live for freedom, justice and all that is good.
* Never attack an unarmed foe.
* Never use a weapon on an opponent not equal to the attack.
* Never attack from behind.
* Avoid lying to your fellow man.
* Avoid cheating.
* Avoid torture.
* Obey the law of king, country, and chivalry.
* Administer justice.
* Protect the innocent.
* Exhibit self control.
* Show respect to authority.
* Respect women.
* Exhibit Courage in word and deed.
* Defend the weak and innocent.
* Destry evil in all of its monstrous forms.
* Crush the monsters that steal our land and rob our people.
* Fight with honor.
* Avenge the wronged.
* Never abandon a friend, ally, or noble cause.
* Fight for the ideals of king, country, and chivalry.
* Die with valor.
* Always keep one's word of honor.
* Always maintain one's principles.
* Never betray a confidence or comrade.
* Avoid deception.
* Respect life and freedom.
* Die with honor.
* Exhibit manners.
* Be polite and attentive.
* Be respectful of host, women, and honor.
* Loyalty to country, King, honor, freedom, and the code of chivalry.
* Loyalty to one's friends and those who lay their trust in thee.